FOODMatch is seeking a self-motivated, creative team player who drives sales and supports marketing goals by developing messaging platforms for consumer segments, B2B partners, labels/packaging and new product/campaign launches.
Our successful copywriter will be able to consistently and accurately position FOODMatch products, practices and ideas as industry-leading and high quality. This role collaborates with the VP of Marketing and Art Director to bring big/fresh ideas to market and ensures a unifying brand consistency across all materials.
The successful candidate’s experience in food writing helps create accurate and appealing taste/flavor/texture/usage descriptions, which are vital for the success in this role. Finally, this role is responsible for all external communications including more technical focused positioning statements, press releases, bios, etc.
A methodical and highly accurate ability to proofread your own work is essential!
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Craft press releases to trade
- Develop all communication and messaging to customers
- Regularly update a Newsletter/Blog with engaging and relevant content
- Create positioning statements, company bios, employee bios and other technical business content as needed
- Have a background and love for high-quality specialty foods and be able to artfully and simply communicate taste, flavor, texture, attributes, usage ideas, pairings, sales tips, etc.
Point of Sale Copy
- Brainstorm and develop advertising content, headlines, intro and body copy for various types of promotions and collateral including at-shelf displays, product labels, company support materials, etc.
- Work with design to brainstorm and implement content ideas for website and social media
- Strategize communication methods and social tools that maximize our b2b and b2c outreach
- There is an opportunity to really own this small, but important part of our business. We are looking for a social thought leader who understands that how content is served is as important as what the message is
Website Management & Content Development
- Upload all info to product, pairing and recipe sections
- Edit all legacy information
- Craft original content with a focus on SEO-relevant copy
- Prior food writing experience and understanding of the specialty food industry/consumer
- Deep understanding of branding and strategy (print, at-shelf, social, etc.)
- Proven track record writing sales-driven campaign copy with successful, measurable results
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be a strong communicator able to present, rationalize, and articulate ideas
- Prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines with a strong attention to detail, hands-on approach and positive attitude
- Our team works on tight deadlines with quick turnarounds, you should thrive in a fast paced environment
- We are currently accepting applications for both full time or freelance work. Full time candidates would work from our NYC office. Freelance can be located anywhere.
- Interested candidates should forward a resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org using Copywriter as the subject line.
- No phone calls, please
- This role reports to the VP, Marketing
- Freelance and/or part-time candidates may apply, but please specify your intention in cover letter