Sales Support Manager
The primary responsibility of the Sales Support Manager is to provide our national sales and merchandising teams with the reporting, assistance, and information needed to efficiently and successfully grow sales and uncover trends, leads, and/or opportunities.
Reporting directly to the SVP Sales, this position creates reports and analyzes data in a way that empowers sales and executive leadership teams to make key strategic business decisions.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Sales Analysis
- Provide reporting and analysis for executive presentations, sales meetings, business reviews, pitch meetings, etc.
- Provide key insights into sales growth and loss trends by account, region, territory, etc.
- Illustrate key business trends through effective data visualizations
2. Sales CRM Management
- Act as the company point-person for ensuring valid, current, and cohesive information is consistently entered and updated in our sales CRM platform
- Develop expertise in all data models and tools used to access them
- Leverage data and business knowledge to drive improvement and usage
- Assist the sales team, when needed, to enter information or troubleshoot issues
- Run reports based on functionalities built into the CRM, analyze for results/trends and report back to Sales Director or Executive management team
3. Sales Support Management
- Mentor and manage a team of (2) Sales Support staff, overseeing the successful completion of their duties, including:
- Scheduling, travel arrangements, requesting for products and/or information, setting up items with vendors, running sales reports, etc.
- Act as internal lead on completing new item forms for key accounts
- Oversee house accounts and send pricing accordingly
- Follow up with distributors, brokers, and customers who have requested to receive accurate spec sheets, sell sheets, price lists, samples, and other support materials
- Running standard sales/territory reports for business reviews
- Evaluate incoming requests to ensure teams time is being used optimally
4. Customer Portal & Bid Process Oversight
- Act as company point person for setting up and managing customer portals including entering information (and gathering from multiple departments), troubleshooting with client customer service team, and expediting documents, questions or agreements to the proper FOODMatch staff for review
- Act as company point person for setting up and managing customer bids by providing accurate information relevant to FOODMatch teams participating in bid process, delegating tasks and managing deadlines and ensuring all bid paperwork is accurate
Requirements & Experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in sales analyst capacity in which you have developed effective reporting methods and processes
- Must have previous experience managing CRM software and a network of users
- Software/Computer expertise, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CRM programs, and Microsoft Dynamics (Navison)
- People management experience
- A quantitative mind and approach to work. Excellent with numbers and a commitment to accuracy
- Professional writer and excellent proofreader
- Passion for specialty food and/or the Mediterranean region is a plus
- This role is based in New York City and works from our headquarters. This role reports directly to the SVP, Sales.
Compensation & Benefits
- FOODMatch offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive compensation based on experience.
- Interested candidates should forward a resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com using Sales Support Manager as the subject line.
- No phone calls, please