Packaging & Label Project Manager
At FOODMatch, the successful Packaging & Label Project Manager is responsible for the development, accuracy, production, and inventory management of all product labels and packaging materials across a broad base of retail and foodservice channels.
Additionally, this role serves as a key contact/manager of our vendor/supplier/customer network in regards to label and packaging development for customer-branded products. This role works cross-functionally with multiple teams (QC, Purchasing, and Product Development) to ensure projects are completed within their allotted time in the product development cycle.
The successful applicant will have a graphics, packaging and printing background with experience in managing projects from start to finish (development, design, inventory, production, shipping, etc.). This is both a tactical and strategic role that requires meticulous organization and communication skills.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop a critical path/timeline of all elements needed for label design and actively gather information to route to design team, printers, or product suppliers
- Conduct timely design reviews on artwork for packaging and labeling, ensuring conformance to brand regulations, regulatory requirements, and/or customer requirements
- Ensure packaging product technical claims and legal information is properly worded and designed
- Ensure timely corrective actions are taken throughout the FOODMatch supply chain when an issue in packaging or labeling is identified, to minimize cost impact and production delays
- Work with purchasing and print vendors to develop a timeline and projections for label printing. Submit label purchase orders to printers and in some cases, manage or track supplier inventory.
- Review and approve pre-production or production samples
Label Development for Private Label Accounts
- Work with customer to understand their label and packaging requirements, in some cases helping to source and/or communicate available options
- Provide customers with product information, label die lines and regulatory edits
- Working with Quality Control team, create customized print and packaging expectations/standards for pilot productions of new items
- Review and approve pre-production or production samples to ensure that print and packaging specifications have been met. If not, work on corrective actions.
- Working with Product Development Team, set a critical timeline for deliverables of all label and packaging components of project
- Work with design team to approve label or packaging proofs
- Manage all customer setup forms on behalf of marketing for label/packaging topics
- Set and maintain print, packaging and production quality standards with all suppliers
- Maintain databases that properly store, archive and memorialize product labels including, but not limited to tracking all vendors, suppliers and consultants
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Prior experience managing a large volume of projects under strict deadlines is a must
- Experience in the food industry or a knowledge of our product line is beneficial
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong sense of urgency/priority
- Eagerness to work with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of print production in regards to labels and packaging
- Computer proficiency, specifically Excel. A basic knowledge of Creative Suite is a plus when communicating to designers.
- Excellent proofreading skills
- This role is based in New York City and works from our NY Office.
Compensation & Benefits
- FOODMatch offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive compensation based on experience.
- Interested candidates should forward a resume and a cover letter stating your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org using Project Manager: Labels & Packaging as the subject line.
- Please do not apply directly through LinkedIn unless your resume, cover letter and salary requirements are included as part of the application.
- No phone calls, please
- This role reports to VP, Marketing
- FOODMatch is a specialty food importer, producer and manufacturer of Mediterranean specialty olives, antipasti, ingredients and condiments. Since 1996, FOODMatch has become a trusted source for authentic Mediterranean foods among knowledgeable industry professionals.
- FOODMatch plays an integral role in ensuring the quality of our products. We work side by side with our growers to establish best farming practices as each crop is nurtured to its successful completion. We are committed to providing beautiful, delicious, and natural Mediterranean foods that are a true expression of their origin. Our skilled artisans use time-tested, centuries-old methods to capture and preserve the inherent color, flavor, and texture of each product. This vertical integration allows us to deliver top quality year after year.
- For more information, visit us at www.foodmatch.com