TITLE: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: FULFILLMENT & LOGISTICS
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF FULFILLMENT & LOGISTICS
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
For safety, our office is currently working a hybrid model of in-office (essential staff) and remote. When safe, please plan to work from the NYC office.
We are seeking a reliable Logistics Coordinator to join our Fulfillment & Logistics (F&L) Department. This role will be responsible for entering, managing and organizing large amounts of data used in factory production, shipping, and warehouse traceability. The goal is to have all data entered into the database in time to keep up with real time overseas shipment schedules, vendor payment schedules, and inventory receipts into our warehouse.
- Accurately enter all relevant information from shipping documents into our database (Microsoft Navision/Dynamics) for each order
- This includes container information, item numbers, quantities, production codes, and expiration dates
- Accurately enter all relevant information from inbound paperwork into our database
- This includes receipt dates, confirming item numbers, production quantities, codes, and expiration dates match the vendor’s paperwork, as well as entering the warehouse lot code(s)
- Process transfer orders of products between warehouses
- Complete shipping documents for some international customers
- Verify accuracy of data before entering it into the database; ensure that all dates, numbers and codes are correct.
- Work closely with and assist the Senior Logistics Specialist, which includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring import documents are submitted to Customs in time
- Tracking vessels and containers while in transit to make sure they are on schedule
- Tracking FDA/USDA/Customs holds and work to get the product(s) released for sale
- Monitoring containers at various ports in the US to see when they can be picked up
- Monitoring inbound delivery appointments between our truckers and our warehouse
- Monitoring product damages upon warehouse inbound
- Fill in for the Senior Logistics Specialist when they are out of the office
- This is a data heavy role in which the most essential functions are timeliness and accuracy.
Cross Departmental Communication
- Update Purchasing Team on status of over-shipments, under-shipments, and price discrepancies when shipping documents are received from the vendor. Any mis-information must be reconciled before Purchasing approves vendor payment.
- Adhere to the vendor payment schedule set by Accounting, by ensuring shipping information is entered in a timely manner. This allows Purchasing to approve payment and Accounting to send funds in time.
- Coordinate with our Quality Assurance Dept, Purchasing Team, and warehouse if there is a quality issue with a product in transit from the vendor. Put product on QC/Sales Hold in database, as well as in the warehouse if it cannot be sold until further investigation.
- At least 3 years of data entry and logistics experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Logistics certification is preferred
Skill & Ability Requirements
- Excellent organizational skills and accuracy
- Sense of urgency
- Proactive communicator; excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Navision is preferred, but not required
- Food industry experience/love of food is preferred, but not require
- This role requires no travel