The Customer Service Support role will provide coordination services and support to the FoodService Team. This role will handle all internal communications regarding supply/logistics challenges affecting the Multi-unit Food Service accounts.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities of the role)
- Handle internal communications on FM supply availability issues impacting multi-unit Food Service accounts by liaising with FM departments to gather updates on movement and availability when needed
- Communicate with distributors regarding availability and potential gap info
- Assist in allocation planning, as needed
- Solve logistics challenges when order transport/delivery is disrupted, impacting multi-unit Food Service accounts
- Communicate with distributors and FM Order Entry Team to assess immediate needs and options; determine best solution and execute plans to supply /deliver the customer’s order - and communicate accordingly to all parties as needed
- Provide product sample and info support for National Food Service accounts or prospects:
- Enter sample requests into BASE and Sample Portal
- Gather spec sheets, nutritional panels, sell sheets, and pricing, as needed
- Assist Sample Team if needed, to get rush samples shipped
- Occasional warehouse work as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Background Requirements (Education, years of experience, industry/role experience, etc.)
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Experience in the Food Industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Skill & Ability Requirements (Technical and soft skills, industry/field knowledge, personality traits, etc.)
- Strong sales / customer service personality
- Excellent phone manner / ability to handle and de-escalate difficult customer calls
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is necessary
- Some understanding of Trucking / Logistics (or a quick study)
- Comfortable working with MS Office (Excel, Outlook), CRM systems, Zoom Video Conferencing
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- This role requires minimal travel
- Please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Customer Service Support” in the subject.
- Please do not apply directly through this site.
- No phone calls or recruiters please.