The Graphic Designer will be a self-motivated, creative collaborator who can support and drive sales by meeting in-house graphic design needs. The successful candidate will have experience in or be eager to learn about the specialty food industry and different channels of our business such as foodservice, olive bar and retail/grocery. A passion for food is preferred. We are a hands-on team that works at a fast pace and is responsible for supporting a national sales and distribution network.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities of the role)
- B2B Support - Sell sheets, Catalogs, Training Guides, Labels, Sales presentations
- B2C Support - At-Shelf consumer promotions (recipe cards, takeaways, etc.); CPG label design, branding, identity design; Branding/In-Store display (signage and store-within-a-store branding); Advertising (Trade publications and store published magazines); Web (blog, social media, website updates)
- Develop compelling design approaches to complex design challenges across packaging, brand development, corporate identity and digital design projects.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on creative concepts and ensure brand/design consistency.
- Establish design templates, when needed, for repeat/expedited implementation of design concepts.
- Maintain brand identity, while growing and diversifying messages and communications
- Prepare files for print production or digital applications.
- Work closely with Creative Director, Project Managers and Designers to adhere to a fast-paced design and production schedule.
- Keep current on industry trends, new design/production techniques and the Mediterranean lifestyle/culture.
Background Requirements (Education, years of experience, industry/role experience, etc.)
- 2-4 years experience preferred
- Food or beverage industry experience preferred, in a design capacity
- Packaging and label design experience preferred
- B2B Marketing experience preferred
Skill & Ability Requirements (Technical and soft skills, industry/field knowledge, personality traits, etc.)
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery and typography.
- Ability to communicate clearly, present their work, rationalize and articulate design ideas.
- Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently on projects of all scales and types.
- Prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines with strong attention to detail, hands-on approach and positive attitude.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to see the big picture.
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint. Experience with other related creative software and applications is a plus.
- This role does not require travel
- Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference “Graphic Designer” in the subject.
- Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
- Please do not apply directly through this site.