REPORTING TO: MERCHANDISING COORDINATOR
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL (COVERAGE AREA INCLUDES MO, IL, Northern IN, Western Mi)
The Merchandiser will be responsible for store visits, store openings/remodels, olive bar resets/refreshes, store associate and regional trainings, and demos as needed for specified accounts in the designated area. The Regional Merchandiser, at times, will be retailer specific based on the demand which would require travel outside of designated area as projects dictate. The Regional Merchandiser is responsible for providing olive bar schematics, training, and point of sale to olive bar retailers within their market. Where applicable, the Regional Merchandiser will service the retail grocery set, sell in product and perform market audits.
- Develop positive relationships with in-store personnel, possess strong product and category knowledge, confidently and enthusiastically present information to groups for a lasting impression.
- Support sales by training store level associates on daily bar management and adherence to schematic, pairings, shelf life, best practices, and product order procedure.
- Engage customers with information during activities; teach as you assist.
- Audit, research, and notify Corporate of competitive products and trends in the marketplace.
- Plan, communicate, and schedule demos during seasonal peaks (some weekend work) in order to engage passing consumers and drive sales.
- Self-manage schedule and customer appointments with the ability to quickly make decisions concerning an immediate issue.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Skill & Ability Requirements
- Passion and enthusiasm for Mediterranean Food and ability to learn our 500+ item catalog during onboarding.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have a friendly, approachable nature and enjoy interacting with people yet remain focused on the intent of your interaction.
- Ability to balance and prioritize a variety of demands, work with a variety of retailers, and understand the subtle nuances of each account to meet company and customer expectations.
- Ability to identify emerging trends within territory.
- Safe driving record, reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.; full range of motion needed to be able to set olive bars.
- Working knowledge of computer skills such as excel, word, power point, as well as a general technology acumen for company issued tablet.
- This role requires significant travel (80%)
- Click here to apply.
- Please include a resume and cover letter with salary requirements with your application.
- No phone calls or recruiters please.