New olives don't just grow on trees.
Well, actually, that's precisely what they do.
And the Greek Frescatrano™ is a brand new olive recently launched exclusively by Divina. Here's a quick intro so that when you see these bright green gems at your local deli, you'll be ready to bring home a sample!
What is a Frescatrano™ Olive?
- A Halkidiki varietal olive from Greece that is unpasteurized and unfermented
- Similar to the Castelvetrano, by foregoing the fermentation stage of curing, the fruit is able to retain its natural sweetness and vibrant color
- Arguably the most difficult curing style to master, the Greek Frescatrano is uniquely special in the marketplace and offers a universally pleasing and mild flavor profile
Flavor Profile: Bright, sweet, fruity, buttery, fresh, crisp
Texture: Meaty & juicy
Color: Vibrant green, gem-like
Cheese Pairing: Feta, Brie, Goat, Ricotta, Fresh Mozzarella
How We Use It
- The mild, yet distinct flavor profile of the Frescatrano makes it the perfect counterpart to cocktails, cheese plates, charcuterie and more.
- When pitted, it is wonderful in grain salads, pasta dishes, atop crostini or tossed with fresh greens.