Title: Order Desk Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time
Company Name: FOODMatch, Inc.
Location: Manhattan, NY
Experience: 2 Years in Similar Role
FOODMatch, Inc., a specialty food importer and manufacturer of Mediterranean olives, antipasti and ingredients, has a full-time opening for a new member on its Fulfillment & Logistics team as an Order Desk Coordinator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Order processing and confirmations
- Answer warehouse questions
- Verify prices and inventory availability.
- Note current promotional pricing on confirmations.
- Note out of stock items and expected arrivals of those items on order confirmations and add item back to orders when available.
- Process orders accurately and promptly.
- Confirm orders in a timely manner with sales representatives.
- Confirm orders with customers.
- Proactively manage freight.
- Provide delivery orders to all trucking companies with the exception of customer pickups.
- Arrange freight for customer’s truckload orders.
- Arrange alternative freight for missed shipments.
- Respond directly to customers for simple item questions.
- Forward sample requests to Customer Service.
Maintain Dialog with Purchasing Team
- Advise Purchasing of any inventory pattern changes.
- Consult with Purchasing on any out of stock situations.
- Refer questions of new product arrivals to Purchasing.
- Maintain a current discontinued item list.
- To manage orders for customers on credit hold.
- Notify of returns, damages, mis-ships, and deductions.
- Alert Controller of pricing not in Navision.
- Work with warehouses to reconcile mis- shipments.
- Assist sales team.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Possesses experience in a similar role.
- Possess a passion for the Mediterranean food category and nutrition as a whole.
- A four year degree in Business Management, Sales, or Nutrition is preferred.
- Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference "Order Desk Coordinator" in the subject. No calls, please. Thank you.