- 2 1/2 cup firmly packed ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2-3 fresh red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup Divina Organic Pitted Green Olives, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cup Divina Roasted Red Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp (or to taste) sea salt
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Note: The ricotta should be well-drained, almost dry (or else it will take longer to cook down). If it is not, drain it in a fine mesh strainer lined with a piece of cheesecloth or a coffee filter to get rid of extra moisture, then spread it out to dry a little before using it.
- When you're ready to cook, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and fresh peppers and olives, and fry gently without browning for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and continue cooking over high heat, stirring from time to time until the mixture is fairly dry -- about 4 minutes.
- Add the ricotta and salt and mix well. Cook over medium heat until it begins to turn a light creamy color and is no longer liquid: when turned with a spoon it should come away cleanly from the surface of the pan, about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how well you've drained your ricotta. Serve immediately with corn tortillas and a slice of avocado.