- 6 each garlic cloves
- ¾ cup white onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ¼ tsp salt (divided)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 cups fresh snap peas
- 1 lbs Hearts of Palm, Bread & Butter Style
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- With motor running, drop garlic into a food processor and finely chop. Stop processor and add onion, jalapeño, lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon salt, then pulse until finely chopped. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes for flavors to develop.
- Toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon salt. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Sauté shrimp until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Sauté snap peas in remaining tablespoon oil in skillet until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Return shrimp to skillet, along with hearts of palm and jalapeño-garlic mixture. Sauté until just heated through. Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro.